Scandiwegians @ Home
Why not come and visit the Scandiwegians @ Home?
Stunning double en-suite room in a beautiful old house.
Simple Danish breakfast included.
Plenty of free street parking in a quiet, leafy residential area.
Walking distance to Reigate & Redhill.
Excellent cosy pub at the end of the road with food and large outdoor area.
- Ideally located for Gatwick Airport, Central London and of course the beautiful Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty which is very popular for cycling, particularly since the 2012 Olympics.
Discounted weekly rates available - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability.
- Large, spacious (15sqm) light & airy double room (max occupancy: 2 adults)
- Stylish and luxurious en-suite shower room with excellent walk-in shower.
- Tea/coffee making facilities in the room.
- Has a small seating window 'mini lounge' area outside the room available for exclusive use of guests - perfect to read with a cup of coffee.
- Modern Scandinavian interior design including exposed beams and a vaulted ceiling.
- Basic Danish breakfast of tea, coffee, orange juice, cereal and toast included in the price.
- Beautiful detached 1860s Gatekeeper's Lodge recently extended and completely refurbished.
- Architect designed in a traditional style of Surrey including clay hung tiles which is a style associated with the Sussex/Surrey area.
- Use of kettle, microwave, range cooker, fridge, cutlery and crockery plus bbq.
- Free street parking easily available.
- Has a private garden with outdoor seating and a barbecue. Please note that the garden has not yet been landscaped so is quite rough in places.
- Quiet but convenient location on a leafy residential road nestled between the towns of Reigate and Redhill (easy walking distance to both).
- In an attractive conservation area with many 18th and 19th century buildings and known for its windmill (sadly currently without sails).
- 5 minutes by car from Junction 8 of the M25
- 20-30 minutes by car from Gatwick Airport.
- Pre-booked taxis to/from Gatwick cost £17.30 (may cost more if you need a larger vehicle for multiple passengers and luggage).
- 5 minutes walk to the excellent local pub, The Roe Deer which specialises in wood-fired pizza, cheese & cooked meat platters and has a huge selection of gins! It is cosy inside and has a large outdoor area.
- 10 minutes walk to 2 further pubs, which both serve food, The Hatch and the Red Lion.
- 10 minutes walk to Donyngs Leisure Centre which has a swimming pool and full leisure facilities available on a 'pay & play' (no contract) basis.
- 10 minutes walk to local shops including a convenience store, post office, florist and a good fish and chips shop although the best is probably Sea Salt.
- 15 minutes walk to Reigate Railway Station, our local cafe Beryl & Pegs (recommended) is opposite, and c20 minutes to Redhill Station*. A single train ticket between Gatwick and Redhill/Reigate is £4.50.
- Approx 20 minutes walk to the town centres of Reigate and Redhill (opposite directions).
* There is pleasant walking route to Redhill Station along the Redhill-Reigate cycle route that is not shown on google maps. Corinna used to walk this daily and it took a brisk 15 minutes.
- Railway services from Redhill run 7 days a week between approximately 0500 and 0100.
- Fast, frequent direct railway service to Central London in as little as 30 minutes between Redhill and London Bridge.
- There are also fast, frequent direct services from Redhill to East Croydon, Clapham Junction, London Victoria, Blackfriars, City Thameslink, Farringdon and St Pancras (Kings Cross).
- Fast, frequent direct service to Gatwick Airport in as little as 8 minutes from Redhill.
- Frequent railway service to Redhill to Brighton (1 change) in as little as 47 minutes.
- Redhill (but not Reigate) is in the Oyster Contactless travel zone but bear in mind it is not in the London Travel Zones.
- An off peak Redhill to London Zones 1-6 (covering unlimited train/tube/bus trips in all of London) costs £16.70 per day.
Reigate Town Centre - 20 minutes walk away
- Explore historic Reigate including the Castle ruins and Priory Park.
- A range of small independent and chain shops including Marks & Spencer Food Hall, Morrisons supermarket, a Post Office, and various clothes shops.
- A large range of independent and chain cafes and coffee shops including Cullenders (recommended), Chalk Hills, Starbucks, Caffe Nero, Costa Coffee, and Canakin (recommended for patisserie style cakes and coffee).
- A range of independent and chain restaurants including Wagamamas, Nandos, Monte Forte Pizza (recommended) Giggling Squid (Thai), New Gurkha Kitchen (Nepalese/Indian) and Bills.
- Several pubs, wine bars and the independent Pilgrim Brewery where you can try their locally brewed beers in the Tap Room (recommended).
- The excellent boutique Everyman Cinema where you can enjoy a glass of wine and a snack before or during your film.
Redhill Town Centre - 20 minutes walk away
- A useful rather than pretty town.
- Explore Memorial Park for relaxation. It has a large pavilion cafe.
- A very large Sainsbury's supermarket.
- A range of independent and chain shops including Marks & Spencer.
- Sai's Kitchen @ The Junction Pub is recommended for Burmese/Thai food.
- At the back of the train station is the Home Cottage pub. It's an attractive Young's pub with a restaurant and extensive outdoor areas.
- Priory Farm in Nutfield - 10 minutes drive:
- Priory Nursery - flower/gardening shop, cafe
- Priory Farm Shop - a large farm shop selling a wide range of local produce including baked goods from Chalk Hills.
- Priory Discovery Walk - children's educational play and nature trail.
- Reigate sits in the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and there are many beautiful villages, historic buildings, country walks, cycling routes, and amazing views to enjoy. Check out this map of the Surrey Hills.
- The pretty town of Dorking, well known for its antiques trade, is only 8 miles away.
- Dorking is home to Denbies vineyard and its award-winning English sparkling wines, where you can take a vineyard tour and eat in the cafe & restaurant as well as buying wine.
- Near to Dorking is Box Hill which featured in the 2012 Olympic cycling road race. It has amazing views, great walks and a cafe.